- Craig's Notes to J2EE Guys -
You may also want to view the new and updated slides that I used at the
Rocky Mountain Software Symposium in Denver during May. It's a
lot of the same slides, but I took out the code examples and
demonstrated the code live instead of on the slides.
Also, there's the "Spring Pizza" demo. It's a Spring-based application
that demonstrates much of what I talk about in my newest rendition of
the Spring talk. You can download it from the same URL. A few caveats
about this demo:
- It was designed in such a way as to demonstrate Spring
features...not necessarily how I'd do it in a real world app.
- I use Maven to do the build. The good news is that if you use Maven
to build it, you won't need to download anything else because Maven
will download the dependencies for you. Also, this app is a good
example of using Maven, XDoclet, and Hibernate.
- I am using Hypersonic DB to make it easier to carry around. The
pizza database is also downloadable from the URL above. If you want to
change it to another DB, you'll need to
- run using Hibernate's hbm2ddl
to generate the proper schema for your database, and
- edit the
jdbc.properties file to point to your database.